First Appointment – May 11, 2005

It’s Wednesday, May 11, 2005 or Day 4 of the Post-Hospital era. Things have been going great for Lis and the family. Lis is eating well and gaining weight and energy. She’s doing a great job and I’m very proud of her.

Lukas is doing good also. I think he’s starting to adjust to his new schedule. The little guy has had to deal with a lot in the past month, changing routines and adjusting to new people. The last couple of days he’s been acting strange. Not real happy, not happy to see me, just acting different than he was in the hospital. My guess is that’s he’s adapting to a new routine with new people and new language. After hearing english for a month he’s primarily hearing Portuguese now. Of course the minute I bring this up with Lis he changes and laughs and smiles at me. Whatever Lukas, he knows what’s up. I thought maybe he knew he had to be happy when we were in the hospital cause everyone needed him to be, now he’s getting back into being at home and doesn’t need to as much. Just a silly thought.

Today Lis went to the doctor’s for her first post-hospital appointment. She has to go every week for the next month and then on the 13th of June she will return to the hospital for another round of chemo. Yippee! This should only be three days and she should be able to go home shortly after that.

If her sisters are a match then they can get started on the transplant soon. If not, it’s back to four more rounds of chemo coming every other month. We asked about her working and he didn’t recommend it for another 6-8 months. This should be fun.

She’s doing well though. The doctor says she’s doing great and he was happy to here that she was feeling good and not having any complications. She’s a tough cookie I tell ya.

She talks about her baldness sometimes but I think she looks good. Actually I think it’s kind of cool cause it’s saying “I’ve battled cancer and I won Round 1”. That kind of thing. You get my drift right?

Lis was also on the front cover of the Monroe Monitor this week. I didn’t know they were going to put her on there. They did an update on how she was doing. We still haven’t gotten much money in the account but that’s okay. We may need it later when we do the bone marrow transplant. Tony mentioned doing another car wash. I’m down for it.

My grandparents also saw a flyer at the IHOP inEverett. Must have been from the girl at the car wash.

Nothing else to note. We went to Walmart last night and Lis dropped the case of Pepsi cause it was too heavy to put on the counter. She doesn’t have the strength that she normally has. Other than that things are going groovy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.